Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif Announces Tube Well Solarization Project for Balochistan

July 10, 2024Zayn0

Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif has announced that a massive initiative is underway to run 28,000 agricultural tube wells in Balochistan on solar power. This plan will lay the maximum emphasis on reaching the potential of solar energy to meet the needs of the agricultural sector in Balochistan.

 Joint Investment, Joint Gains

According to the agreement, 70% of the funding needed to be borne by the federal government and the remaining 30% by the Balochistan government. The total cost of the scheme was estimated at around Rs. 55 billion.

Accelerating Transition

The Prime Minister has tasked the Chief Minister of Balochistan with the responsibility of ensuring completion of this project in the next three months. Such an accelerated time frame is commensurate with the urgency and importance of the initiative underway to bring prosperity to the farmers and to increase the cultivable land area in the province.

Enhancing Agricultural Productivity

The project will go on to be a factor that truly revolutionizes agriculture in Balochistan. By providing a dependable and renewable source of energy, the project is expected to unleash the full potential of land use by farmers and ultimately improve productivity, thereby enhancing the economy.

 Collaborative Approach

Federal ministers, the Governor of Balochistan Jafar Khan Mandokhel, and Chief Minister Sarfraz Ahmed Bugti participated in the agreement signing ceremony to highlight that it is a collective initiative. This collective initiative thus shows that government would really work to solve the havoc-related energy crisis of the agricultural community of Balochistan.

Presence of Governors

The chief minister Sarfraz Ahmed Bugti, the governor of Balochistan, Jafar Khan Mandokhel, and the federal ministers were present when the prime minister met with the provincial cabinet.

The premier had earlier seen the signing of an agreement between the federal and provincial governments to convert electricity-run tube wells to solar power.

Conclusion

This decision to gradually shift 28,000 agricultural tube wells in Balochistan to solar power coincides with the government’s higher concerns and intentions of sustainable development and energy security. This effort will ensure an all-round environmental and economic benefit to the region while also deriving benefits for the farming community for harnessing renewable energy sources.

Zayn

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Search & have fun

Search anytime for whatever you need, for your business, fun or personal needs. LCCI helps you find it easy and fast.

Search & have fun

Search anytime for whatever you need, for your business, fun, or personal needs. LCCI helps you find it easy and fast.

Explore

Users

LCCI

Copyright © 2022 LCCI  All Rights Reserved.
Developed by TARGET MARKETING (PVT) LIMITED

Copyright © 2022 LCCI  All Rights Reserved.
Developed by TARGET MARKETING (PVT) LIMITED.